Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."
Albus Dumbledore

I am obsessed with time. I'm constantly checking it, thinking about it, wondering if I'll ever have enough. I'm always afraid I'll run out of time before I have the chance to do amazing things with my life. I'm afraid I won't have enough time to see all of the world. I'm afraid of dying, and of growing old, and of missing out on living life.

And then I realize that by sitting and thinking and worry about missing out on life, I am missing out on life. Then I just get more anxious. If I could just run out the door this instant and leave everything behind and spend the rest of my life wandering into every corner of the Earth and experiencing everything it has to offer, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment